- Weekend Bible Study- 4th and 5th grade have 3 different bible study times offered for them. We meet Saturdays at 7:15 PM and Sundays at 9:30 and 11:00. Each of the times offer a one hour bible study time. They all meet at first for a large group time that usually involves fun games and activities that will tie into what we are learning in our small group time. Our small group time consists of gender specific groups lead by a teacher and usually 8-10 kids. We like to keep the groups fairly small so that they can have a more one-on-one interaction with the teacher.
- Extra Innings- Starting September 16th we begin a Wednesday night event called Extra Innings. This is for our kids that would like an extra time of bible study and fellowship throughout the week. We meet at 7:00 PM in room C217 from September until May. This program is just geared towards the 4th and 5th graders. Similar to the weekend bible study, each small group is gender specific and also a smaller tight knit group. We really like the groups to grow in the walk with the Lord and have a connection not only with their teacher, but also their fellow peers. Apart from the Extra Inning program is a mission trip offered for our 5th grade students. If you would like more information about this, please read the bullet point below.
You can register your child for Extra Innings here: http://lpkidsrw.lakepointe.org/Parents/gradeschool_programs.aspx
- Mission trip- This is by far one of my favorite things that we do here at Lake Pointe. We offer a trip to our 5th grade kids involved in our Extra Inning program. This past year we went to San Diego California, during spring break, to help out a new church called Ethos Church. We were able to attend their services and help them get ready for an Easter carnival that they were putting on. It was a blast and such a blessing to see young 5th graders sharing the passion and love for Christ to the people of San Diego. If you would like to hear what we did on a day to day basis you can read our San Diego Blog HERE.
- VBS and Beach Blast- We just finished an amazing week of VBS, June 15-19. We had over 2,000 kids and hundreds of volunteers here at Lake Pointe for Vacation Bible School. We offer VBS for our 4th graders and for the 5th graders we offer Beach Blast. Beach Blast is held over in the youth building (Pier 419). This allows the 5th graders a special time as one of their last events in the Children's Ministry. VBS is held from 8:45 AM-12 PM each day and is full of snacks, worship, bible study, craft, rec and fun!
- Preteen camp- Camp is almost here!! We will be going to Glenrose, Texas to camp July 17-21. This is an over night camp where we load up buses full of hundreds of kids and leaders for a few days to encounter God and have a great time doing it! The kids will be staying in cabins with their gender and grade. This year's theme is Fuel so every group is a different gasoline company (ex.- Shell/ Mobil). The kids will enjoy doing crafts, playing rec games and on inflatables, worshiping with a great band and speaker, doing daily devotional times with their group, swimming, and of course enjoying tons of food just to name a few. I can't wait to go!!